- Business and Technology Education Council (BTEC) was introduced in 1984.
- The wor1d’s most successful, best-accepted applied learning brand, BTEC is engaging the learners in practical, interpersonal and individual logical thinking skills,for over 25 years.
- BTEC qualifications are now awarded by the Edexcel exam board.
- BTEC is offering more than 250 qualifications and are taken in more than 100 countries at all levels,from pre-GCSE to Degree equivalent.
- These are vocational and work-related courses,designed to accommodate the needs & demands of employers and allow students to progress further and higher education.
- A BTEC takes a practicala pproach to learning,without missing any important theory/ concept on the subject.
- Whether you’re studying at Entry level,want to progress your career through higher level technical study, follow an apprenticeship route or build core employ ability and life skills,there’s a BTEC course to suit your needs.
- BTEC students has the options to complete their bachelors in 81Internationally Recognized Universities including UK, Canada, USA, Australia, also Bangladesh and many more.
BTEC stands for Business & Technology Education Council and was established in 1984.
BTEC is a suite of international qualifications taught across the globe by leading educational institutes.Learners who undertake a BTEC qualification develop a blend of in-depth knowledge and important skills specific to a vocational sector such as IT, Business,Hospitality and Engineering.
There is a growing gap between what employers want, and the abilities of school leavers and graduates. BTEC offers a solution. The content of the course is based on real employer needs, and students are assessed via the innovative BTEC assignment process, which gets students to complete tasks that reflect real industry challenges. The BTEC is shaped to be relevant to your local environment and is taught by professionals with experience and contacts within the relevant industry.
In 2009/2010 alone, over 1 million learners worldwide registered to take a BTEC qualification.
The BTEC level 5 HND is widely recognised as one or two years of university education.
Everything you learn and achieve can count towards an undergraduate degree and the majority of BTEC graduates are fast-tracked to the second or third year of a degreecourse at a wide range of leading universities home and abroad. After successfully completing Bachelor Degree you can do Masters from any reputed university.
- Distinction* (D*) grade equivalent to A Level A grade (270 points)
- Distinction (D) grade equivalent to A Level grade between Band C (225 points)
- Merit grade equivalent to A level grade between C and D (195 points)
- Pass grade equivalent to A level grade between Dand E (165 points)
Each university has a different entry requirement depending on the course subject- so graduates should check their preferred university entry requirements to ensure that their grades reflect the points required.
Enrollment takes place (eg:quarterly in February,May,August and November).